The Shadowhunters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Shadowhunters

This is The Shadowhunters Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Jocelyn Fray

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
JessiMonster
The Co-PWNER
The Co-PWNER
JessiMonster

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Jocelyn Fray Empty
PostSubject: Jocelyn Fray   Jocelyn Fray Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:33 pm

Here is where you can discuss Jocelyn, Clary's comatose mother.

Talk here about how you think her role in the story furthers the plot.

Remember that you are not forced to praise her. Just make sure that everyone's opinions are respected!
Back to top Go down
hannahem27
Mundane
Mundane

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Jocelyn Fray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jocelyn Fray   Jocelyn Fray Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 3:25 pm

Does anyone else think that Jocelyn should have told Clary about her past regardless?

I think that she didn't need to. I mean, Clary might still be faced with the same fate, and possibly at a younger age.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/hannahem27
lai
Mundane
Mundane
lai

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Jocelyn Fray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jocelyn Fray   Jocelyn Fray Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 11:52 pm

I would agree, but maybe if Clary always knew, and was instructed on how to stay out of it (because obviously Jocelyn know how to do it), it might have been better. You know, how adopted kids are more stable if the know from the beginning, that sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
libbs
SIMOBELLE
SIMOBELLE
libbs

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Jocelyn Fray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jocelyn Fray   Jocelyn Fray Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 12:01 am

Hmm.. I'm torn between the two. I can see Jocelyn's point of view: Your whole life is fighting and your husband is the hitler of the other reality that the mundanes are blind about. All you would want to do is get away. Also, you have to think, a five year old seeing fariies in the park and pointing them out to friends? It wouldn't look so good to Jocelyn or Clary. Jocelyn could instruct her, but do five year olds always listen or have the way to think rationally?

I think that she should have told Clary when she was older. Don't know how'd that work with the block, and that Clary would have gone angsty with 'why didn't you tell me', but eventually she'd cool down and accept it. But I would have told her before the age she found out. Sixteen is too old.

Another thing I was thinking...

In CoA Clary has that dream of her and her mom on the beach, and then she wakes up with the rune on her wrist. Do you think that Clary drew is cubconciously on her wrist, or that Jocelyn is kind of in a 'spiritual state of coma' where she cna contact Clary through dreams and so on... Just a random thought.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jocelyn Fray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jocelyn Fray   Jocelyn Fray Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jocelyn Fray
Page 1 of 1