The Shadowhunters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Shadowhunters

This is The Shadowhunters Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What is beauty anyway?

Go down 
+2
libbs
JessiMonster
6 posters

Is the before or after picture better?
Before
What is beauty anyway? Vote_lcap100%What is beauty anyway? Vote_rcap
 100% [ 6 ]
After
What is beauty anyway? Vote_lcap0%What is beauty anyway? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
JessiMonster
The Co-PWNER
The Co-PWNER
JessiMonster

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2008-09-22

What is beauty anyway? Empty
PostSubject: What is beauty anyway?   What is beauty anyway? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 7:09 pm

So I found this article on the Yahoo! homepage.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/09/fashion/09skin.html?no_interstitial

Its about a program that puts in a picture of someone and changes their features into what is termed "attractive" based on math and symmetry.

Yeah... that does not appeal to me.
That picture of Micheal Cera? He looks adorable in the first pic, and in the second one, he looks like a middle-aged man.

Seriously, what is this? Why can't an unusual face be beautiful?

Why do you have to conform to be considered gorgeous or handsome?
Back to top Go down
libbs
SIMOBELLE
SIMOBELLE
libbs

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: What is beauty anyway?   What is beauty anyway? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 7:59 pm

I think they both look worse in the second pictures.

It's so stupid that they've invented one of those programs, like really. What has society come to?

Sure people are gorgeous get more head turns, but I like how people look naturally. Flaws are what make a person, the person they are.

Also, not everyone is into the whole 'perfect pretty' you know? I personally love it when people don't look perfect. Like Michael Cera. He isn't exactly hot, but he is just so adorable! I don't want some super model as a boyfriend, I want a person with flaws in the features.

And Michael Cera does look like an old man in the second picture.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Cape
Creator of this Shizz
Creator of this Shizz
Mr.Cape

Number of posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: What is beauty anyway?   What is beauty anyway? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 10:54 pm

wait. wait. wait.

HOLD ON.

i dont see any difference.
Back to top Go down
JessiMonster
The Co-PWNER
The Co-PWNER
JessiMonster

Number of posts : 164

PostSubject: Re: What is beauty anyway?   What is beauty anyway? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 2:18 am

Haha you don't see a difference on the Micheal Cera pictures?

Are you blind?! Wink

Anyways yeah, its not always about classic good looks.

And the second pictures do look worse.

The "improved" shot of the woman gave her really round, really small eyes. Her bigger eyes fit better on her face.
Back to top Go down
libbs
SIMOBELLE
SIMOBELLE
libbs

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: What is beauty anyway?   What is beauty anyway? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 3:31 am

I like the big eyes on the girl. They make her look more unique. Smile

and I see the difference in the Michael Cera pictures. Picture one looks soooo much better. For both of them.
Back to top Go down
ClareBear
Mundane
Mundane
ClareBear

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2008-10-03

PostSubject: Re: What is beauty anyway?   What is beauty anyway? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2008 3:31 pm

Oh My Gosh! That second picture of Michael Cera is appalling! He looks creepy affraid
The first picture of the girl is definately better, I have to agree about the eyes, they look beady on the second!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who is bothered by all the comformity beauty!
One of my close friends once told me that I wasn't stereotypically beautiful, but there was something about me that people were drawn to, and that really upset me at the time, I thought she was being horrible, but I'd like to think she was actually paying me a compliment!
People who look different are always more beautiful than all these people who are basically clones of each other, they are so easily replaced! Why should everyone look the same?
Back to top Go down
lai
Mundane
Mundane
lai

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: What is beauty anyway?   What is beauty anyway? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 1:42 am

That has got to be the most shallow thing I've seen in a long time. Truly, big eyes, or a slightly odd mouth give people CHARACTER. It's who they ARE. This is why computers are not people. If everyone had the same face I think the world would die of boredom. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle*Lightwood
Mundane
Mundane

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-07-28

PostSubject: Re: What is beauty anyway?   What is beauty anyway? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 3:18 am

Oh......My......God.
Did I just look at that? I could see MAJOR differeces, and the unchanges faces looked better than the 'new and improved' ones!
Everyone that said flaws are what make a person are correct. If we were all the same, then how would we determine one from the other? Life would be so....monotone and neutral.
People should just be happy with who they are! With or without makeup (this STILL does apply to guys).
That is the most useless program I have EVER seen in my life. That is absolutely appalling that they would compare your face and make it prettier than it is now. Is that made from some Cosmetic company so you go buy make up? Or is it make from plastic surgens that are trying to make you get plastic surgery? Because trust me I am not getting ANY sort of plastic inserted anywhere!
That is truly disapointing..... Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is beauty anyway?   What is beauty anyway? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is beauty anyway?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Shadowhunters :: Off-Topic :: General Information N' Such.-
Jump to: