The Shadowhunters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Shadowhunters

This is The Shadowhunters Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The kilt does not say it all.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
libbs
SIMOBELLE
SIMOBELLE
libbs

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-09-24

The kilt does not say it all. Empty
PostSubject: The kilt does not say it all.   The kilt does not say it all. Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 9:02 pm

Wanna know what ticks me off? When people stereotype everyone in my school.

I was bussing hom today, wearing my uniform cause it was about 4:30 and I had a detention after school (oh, I know, I'm so bad ass), and I was just standing up. It comes to my stop, and just as I'm leaving, two people turn to each other and start talking about how everyone at my school is a whore. Just because I go to an all girls school does not classify me as a whore. Nor does it make me a kid with too much money too handle, a lesbian, or a bubbly giggly girl.

It happens everywhere. Even when I'm not in my uniform, it slips out into a conversation that I go to the all girls catholic school in the city, they just have to ask "Haha, must be a good kisser then? You know form all those girls?" or "You should pay for the tickets, considering you have so much money". I know that some are probably kidding, but still. Some are completely serious.

I am not a lesbian (nothing wrong with them though), I'm not a whore, I'm not rich, nor am I super bubbly or giggly. I'm me, so stop stereotyping.
Back to top Go down
JessiMonster
The Co-PWNER
The Co-PWNER
JessiMonster

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2008-09-22

PostSubject: Re: The kilt does not say it all.   The kilt does not say it all. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 6:02 pm

Yeah even when someone is kidding, sometimes there's some truth to what they're saying.
But before you take that the wrong way (haha) let me give you an example of what I mean:
Today, my friend was talking to me about this other friend we have. This girl always says something to my friend about how she's such a debbie downer. And she's just joking around, but she's said it several times now. So its starting to make my friend think that the girl really thinks that, just because she says it so much.

So yeah, even when its supposed to be a joke, if its said over and over again, it starts to make you feel like they really feel that way about you. Its just like "If I'm not really what you're jokingly saying I am, then why do you joke about it every day?"

I don't think its right that people judge you right from the start just because of your uniform and the school you go to. Know that if I saw you, I would not assume. Smile I promise.

Now if you did your best to show off everything you've got? lol then i might think of you as a bit.... ahem yeah.

But just because you wear a uniform and go to an all-girls school, it doesn't mean that people should assume that you're a crazy, wild, lesbian, catholic school girl. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
hannahem27
Mundane
Mundane

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: The kilt does not say it all.   The kilt does not say it all. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 9:27 am

I understand what you mean by stereotyping, especially by schools.

The high school I went to had a bit of a reputation for being really bad - if you went there you were considered either a druggie, a whore or some-one without a brain.
It used to annoy me so much when people ask, "So what school did you go to?" and I'd tell them and then they'd look at you as if you were poison. I mean, in contrast to all the bad stuff about our school, there was good stuff as well. Practically most of my year was decent - we had one of the top students in the State in our year.
I hate that people stereo type us because we are from this school, we must be dumb, we must be druggies, we must be whores. It's annoying!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/hannahem27
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The kilt does not say it all.   The kilt does not say it all. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The kilt does not say it all.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Shadowhunters :: Off-Topic :: Let Out Your Feelings and Thoughts Here-
Jump to: