The Shadowhunters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Shadowhunters

This is The Shadowhunters Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Valentine Morgenstern

Go down 
+3
lai
libbs
JessiMonster
7 posters
AuthorMessage
JessiMonster
The Co-PWNER
The Co-PWNER
JessiMonster

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Valentine Morgenstern Empty
PostSubject: Valentine Morgenstern   Valentine Morgenstern Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:25 pm

Valentine: Our resident "villian."

Talk here about why you like/don't like Valentine and how you think his role in the story furthers the plot.

Be aware that you are not forced to dislike him. There are people that can see something in him. Just make sure that everyone's opinions are respected!
Back to top Go down
libbs
SIMOBELLE
SIMOBELLE
libbs

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Valentine Morgenstern   Valentine Morgenstern Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 4:12 pm

I still think he loves Jocelyn in his own twisted way. Thoughts?

Last edited by libbs on Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Wrote Valentine instead of Jocelyn... oh my I think I'm dislexic...)
Back to top Go down
JessiMonster
The Co-PWNER
The Co-PWNER
JessiMonster

PostSubject: Re: Valentine Morgenstern   Valentine Morgenstern Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 10:39 pm

??????
Haha libby I don't understand...
Do you mean... Jace? He loves Jace in his own twisted way??

I think of Valentine as having the right "ideas" but goes about them the wrong way. Some of what he explained to Clary and Jace has some merit to it. Haha I can't completely rembember what all he said, but I remember thinking that he had something going with what he said.

He just needs to proceed with his plans... in a slightly less evil way. Cool
Back to top Go down
libbs
SIMOBELLE
SIMOBELLE
libbs

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Valentine Morgenstern   Valentine Morgenstern Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 11:06 pm

hahaha oh my, I am getting everything mixed up. Thinking Valentine, but I meant to type Jocelyn. Sorry for the confusion.

With Valentine and his evil plans, I've always wanted to know about his home life as a child... was he loved? Did his father make him feel like starting a genocide?

I can't remember myself thinking his plans had merit or whatnot, though I haven't read the books in a very long time (finally got them back from my friend last night), so I'm going to go over them within the next few days and get back to you on that Wink
Back to top Go down
JessiMonster
The Co-PWNER
The Co-PWNER
JessiMonster

PostSubject: Re: Valentine Morgenstern   Valentine Morgenstern Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 11:11 pm

^Ohhhhhhhhh ok I understand now haha.
Yeah, I think he still kind of loves her also. I think he wouldn't have kept her alive in CoB if he didn't still care for her a bit.

I wish I could rightly remember what his ideas were so I could be all "Bam! I've got his ideas right here!" but... I can't lol.

So since you are looking, I will wait for you. Wink
Back to top Go down
lai
Mundane
Mundane
lai

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Valentine Morgenstern   Valentine Morgenstern Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 11:51 pm

Valentine's ideas, as far as I can recall, were to purge Earth of all demon taint, by expelling all the demons and downworlders with the help of a child army forcefully created from mundanes. However, later he alters this into using a demon army, cause everyone figured the old one out.

He's a bit of a spaz. Yes, demons out=good, but no Magnus, Maia, Simon, or Raphael? Not the way to go, buddy. Do away with the seelie queen. She bugs the heck out of me in CoA and Ironside (I treat them as the same person).
Back to top Go down
JessiMonster
The Co-PWNER
The Co-PWNER
JessiMonster

PostSubject: Re: Valentine Morgenstern   Valentine Morgenstern Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 12:56 am

^Thank you! you have reminded me of what he was saying.

He wants to get rid of all the demons (which, is essentially the job of a shadowhunter, just on a larger scale) But he wants to do this in a way that sacrifices possible thousands of lives in the process.

So, he has a good goal in mind, its just the murder of all the innocent people that negates it.

See my point now that Lai has brought up his ideas? haha
Back to top Go down
ClareBear
Mundane
Mundane
ClareBear

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2008-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Valentine Morgenstern   Valentine Morgenstern Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 9:23 am

I agree ^
He thinks what he's doing is for the good of mankind, which you can kind of see his point, but NO WAY is anyone other than him going to be pleased about getting rid of Magnus!
He has good idea's, but he doesn't quite see that he's being a bit extreme!
I for one cannot wait to find out about the experiments he supposedly did on Jace and Clary.
Back to top Go down
hidden-beauty
Mundane
Mundane

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Valentine Morgenstern   Valentine Morgenstern Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 11:01 pm

yea he does have good ideas
BUT hello jace aint really clarys sistah Smile
and he lied to em about it Mad
dats pritty evil too Twisted Evil

yea he was right about gettin rid of all da demons bounce

i liked the queen of the seelie court queen
Back to top Go down
Isabelle*Lightwood
Mundane
Mundane

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Valentine Morgenstern   Valentine Morgenstern Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 6:00 pm

Valentine is evil okay? Thats all you can say. Okay, maybe he DOES show SOME affection for Jace, Clary, Jocelyn and such, but he is wanting to kill all demons, AND kill all the Shadowhunters that were previously alive, and create new ones under his rule? Emmmmmmmm.....tell me that isn't evil.
This is how Valentine thinks he looks now: afro
This is how he wants to look after he kills all demons and Shadowhunters: king
This is how he looks all thoughout the book: geek
lol!
Back to top Go down
DreaminInsane
Mundane
Mundane

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Valentine Morgenstern   Valentine Morgenstern Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 4:50 am

Sometimes I like him, sometimes I don't. I can see his point but I despise the way he's trying to execute it. He would kill his own family members, just for the cause he believes in, and that -to me- seems way to wrong. Way to go, Raziel. Though I would've liked a death a little less quick, you know? He spat everything, right in Valentine's face and then he spat him to death. lol

I dreamt of him last night, by chance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valentine Morgenstern   Valentine Morgenstern Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Valentine Morgenstern
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Shadowhunters :: The Characters :: Valentine-
Jump to: