The Shadowhunters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Shadowhunters

This is The Shadowhunters Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Doing all the work

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lai
Mundane
Mundane
lai

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Doing all the work Empty
PostSubject: Doing all the work   Doing all the work Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 1:36 am

Don't you just hate the times when nobody cares but you and are content to play 'block dude' on their graphing calculators while their friend runs around like a frickin chicken with its head cut off getting everything done so they can copy later? And then said friend doesn't want her friends failing, so she feels obligated to give them everything they dont deserve? I do.

But truly. The academic program I am in is competitive. If you can't keep your average above a C, then you have to LEAVE. And go back to your real school. And many of the kids are just adept cheaters and clever enough to BS some stuff when it's necessary. So the few really deserving, hardworking kids work their butts off, and don't want their friends to go, so we're obligated to 'share'. It's a terrible situation, and half the time it leaves me yelling, talking down to, or just plain irritating my friends because I PAID REAL ATTENTION and can't help but thinking less of them because of their complete lack of care.

And then they freak out if they don't get straight As. A few of us get very irritated as a bunch of copiers get mad that they aren't doing as well as the people who actually TRY.

UGH!!!!!
Back to top Go down
JessiMonster
The Co-PWNER
The Co-PWNER
JessiMonster

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Doing all the work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doing all the work   Doing all the work Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 2:22 am

It is truly irritating when people constantly copy your work.
I don't go to a school like yours, but there are people like that in my school too. They just don't even begin to try. And its just like "why bother?"

I mean, I'll admit that there are some times when I ask to copy someone's work either simply because I didn't have time to finish it or I didn't understand it enough to finish it. But I don't ever ask to copy something because I didn't feel like doing it. If I did that, then I wouldn't see the point in staying in school.

See, in Spanish, I'm not...very...good haha. So when we have worksheets, I try my hardest to finish them, but there are some things that I just cannot figure out, so I ask my friend what he put. And that's the extent of it.

But anyways, I hope that the people at your school start to actually try for themselves. They'll find that by doing that, they'll be much more prepared for the real world in the long run.
Back to top Go down
ClareBear
Mundane
Mundane
ClareBear

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2008-10-03

Doing all the work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doing all the work   Doing all the work Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 7:36 am

I know exactly what you mean!
At uni, I have the two coolest friends, I love them, but they are SO lazy!
They both did Film Studies at A Level, so they know most of the basics, but I didn't so when I started I was a complete beginner, but they don't pay any attention in class, when we have worksheets to go through, they copy all my answers, because most of the time they haven't even bothered to pay attention to the film! But you can guarantee when it comes to the end of module essays, they'll do better than me because they have all my notes, and are better at writing essays than me. It's so frustrating! I could actually scream sometimes!
But the one good thing about it is that when it comes to the 'real world' they won't be able to bs their way through! Lazy people will never prosper.
I hope!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Doing all the work Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doing all the work   Doing all the work Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doing all the work
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Shadowhunters :: Off-Topic :: Let Out Your Feelings and Thoughts Here-
Jump to: