The Shadowhunters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Shadowhunters

This is The Shadowhunters Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Moulin Rouge

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
libbs
SIMOBELLE
SIMOBELLE
libbs

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Moulin Rouge Empty
PostSubject: Moulin Rouge   Moulin Rouge Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 5:42 pm

I love talking about this movie Smile It makes me so happy watching it. I used to own it on DVD until I lent it out to a friend who moved to freakin' Ottawa, and now, I clearly can't get it back, which ticks me off.

I love Ewan McGregor so much in this movie. I love him in general. Apparently, the music in the movie wasn't pre-recorded. That's what I heard, or something among the lines of that. I think the songs are fantastic, and the whole movie was really well written. From what I saw on the other thread, people are also a fan of this movie which is aweosme, because this movie deserves a lot of fans Smile
Back to top Go down
JessiMonster
The Co-PWNER
The Co-PWNER
JessiMonster

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Moulin Rouge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moulin Rouge   Moulin Rouge Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 10:14 pm

^It so does. it definitely does.

I love the whole storyline.
But the duke pisses me off. Is he really so stupid to think that she really loves him? Hello? she's a prostitute and he's a rich guy that could shut down the moulin rouge. What an idiot! he causes the whole big thing to happen and it keeps Satine and Christian apart for longer than they had to be. ugh.

But I know exactly what you mean about Ewan McGregor. his voice... oh man i want to swoon everytime he sings. I have the soundtrack and I could listen to him sing Your Song over and over again. And I love how he always looks like he has tears in his eyes. they're so shiny. ahhh.

My favorite song is the Elephant Love Medley. and Come What May.
and my favorite parts of the movie are when the music and the scenes get really intense. you know what i mean?

Oh man. there's just too much to say about how much I love this movie in one post haha.
Back to top Go down
libbs
SIMOBELLE
SIMOBELLE
libbs

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Moulin Rouge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moulin Rouge   Moulin Rouge Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 1:15 am

When I first saw the movie, that was the only thing I was listening to for a week. My favourite songs are also, Love Song Medley, and El Tango De Roxanne. Oh man, when Ewan starts sining in Roxanne, his voice is just soo. wow. I love it. That song is deep powerful in vocals and emotion. The first time I watched that scene I got shivers Razz

oh another thing that happened when I wathced it the first time I cried at the end. And I never cry in movies. The only time I have ever cried besides this movie was in Across the Universe, and I was tearing tears of joy because I was so excited (right when Jim Sturgess starts singing a girl, I was giddy with joy). Yepp, I am that cool Cool

Other than that, I am a rock.
Back to top Go down
JessiMonster
The Co-PWNER
The Co-PWNER
JessiMonster

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Moulin Rouge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moulin Rouge   Moulin Rouge Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 11:54 pm

Oh I know exactly what you mean about his voice in Roxanne. You don't even have to explain because i understand completely.
And I cried at the end of this movie too. But it wasn't so much from the death. I cried because of the way he was crying. I don't think I've ever seen a movie with such a convincing scene of despair. I mean, he's crying without holding anything back, almost in an embarassing way for him. And that's what makes me cry.

We watched this the other day in film class. And my teacher accurately described it. He said it was the type of movie that you either absolutely loved or completely hated. And that's what is a sign of an actual good, ground-breaking movie. Because if you walk out of a theater going "That was pretty good." then it probably wasn't all that great of a movie.

But Moulin Rouge most definitely does not fall into that category. I love you He described it as the definition of post-modern art, which i thought was really cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Moulin Rouge Empty
PostSubject: Re: Moulin Rouge   Moulin Rouge Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Moulin Rouge
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Shadowhunters :: Off-Topic :: Movies Much?-
Jump to: