The Shadowhunters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Shadowhunters

This is The Shadowhunters Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Scott Westerfeld

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
libbs
SIMOBELLE
SIMOBELLE
libbs

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Scott Westerfeld Empty
PostSubject: Scott Westerfeld   Scott Westerfeld Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 3:09 pm

haha, I saw that JessiMonster was reading The Midnighters, so...

I was wondering if anyone else is as much as a fan of Scott Westerfeld books as I am?

I love his books. Peeps? Blew my mind away. The sequel was horrible though, couldn't get past one third of it.

Uglies Series? LOVED IT. Read it in one weekend, though I had to wait for Extras a little bit later, and in my opinion that was my favourite one.

The Midnighters, I haven't finished, I got about a third in, then lostt it, then found it, then had to return it to the library with five dollar late fees. So I'm planning on getting it again... soon... if I ever pay off my fees Razz

Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
JessiMonster
The Co-PWNER
The Co-PWNER
JessiMonster

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Scott Westerfeld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Westerfeld   Scott Westerfeld Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 3:13 pm

I had heard about Peeps, so I went to the bookstore to buy it... and walked out with the first Midnighters book haha.

It sounded better to me, although I still want to read Peeps.

And I don't know if I'll ever read the Uglies stuff. I've heard a lot about them, but... meh I don't know.

I just started #3 for the Midnighters. but I haven't gotten too far yet. I have to get into it first. Smile

But even though I haven't read a whole lot of his books yet, I really like his writing.
Back to top Go down
libbs
SIMOBELLE
SIMOBELLE
libbs

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-09-24

Scott Westerfeld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Westerfeld   Scott Westerfeld Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 3:20 pm

Peeps is amazing. A real interesting take on vampires in my opinion. Though the seque "The Last Days"l is well.... just bad, and in my opinion? pointless.

The Uglies series isn't one of those books for everyone. I personally found them amazing and couldn't put them down. Though two of my friends who tend to read whatever I read, hated them and couldn't even finish them. It's all about what you're into, and Scot Westerfeld tends to write more Sci-Fi ish than anything else.

And yeah, I really like his writing style, a lot. Though in some books I find it gets a bit repetitive with what he says -he says bubbly-making a bit much in the Uglies Series, though it makes sense-, but other than that it's better than a lot of other books I've read.
Back to top Go down
hannahem27
Mundane
Mundane

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Scott Westerfeld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Westerfeld   Scott Westerfeld Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 3:36 pm

I loved the Uglies series. They were brilliant. I'd seen the books around, and then thought what the heck is another book? But I was addicted by the first page. I ended up reading it, going out the same night and buying the next two. Unfortunately it was the weekend, so I had to wait for Extras...but it was well worth it! The only thing I think it lack was there should have been more romance Very Happy

I haven't read Midnighters. Is that good as the Uglies? Peeps doesn't look like it would interest me...I tried to read some once at Borders, but I got bored
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/hannahem27
JessiMonster
The Co-PWNER
The Co-PWNER
JessiMonster

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2008-09-22

Scott Westerfeld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Westerfeld   Scott Westerfeld Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 10:46 pm

I don't know if Midnighters is as good as Uglies because I haven't read that series haha.

But I really like Midnighters. The whole point of the series is really cool to me. You know, everything but the 5 main characters freezes at midnight for an hour. That pulled me in because weird plots like that are cool to me.

So whether they are as good as the Uglies series or not, I think you should read them. Smile
Back to top Go down
Isabelle*Lightwood
Mundane
Mundane

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-07-28

Scott Westerfeld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Westerfeld   Scott Westerfeld Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 6:24 pm

Uglies was a great series, they kept me hooked all the way through, but in the end, it lost the point. Does anyone know what the point of it was? I'll explain.
So, lets start off, Tally is about to turn 16, and she can't wait. She meets Shay, and finds out Shay doesn't want to turn Pretty. So she escapes.
Tally goes to the Smoke and finds out about the lesions, and how they alter your brain (how horrible! affraid ) and she wants to stay ugly after all. After a while, she finds that even without being altered and changed, people were still pretty. Then there is the big war, and blah blah blah, she turns pretty so they can test the lesion pills.
Then it goes on, the lesions are implanted in her brain, finally finds out about her mission and takes the pills, it sort of loses focus on the point of the first book.
Then with specials.....she cuts herself to stay 'icy', and she backfires her mission to bring down the specials in the first place!

They were good books.........but they were a waste of time in the end.
And Extra's was the best book.
My opinion.......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scott Westerfeld Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scott Westerfeld   Scott Westerfeld Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scott Westerfeld
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Shadowhunters :: Off-Topic :: Read Any Books?-
Jump to: