The Shadowhunters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Shadowhunters

This is The Shadowhunters Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What are you reading?

Go down 
+4
Mr.Cape
lai
libbs
JessiMonster
8 posters
AuthorMessage
JessiMonster
The Co-PWNER
The Co-PWNER
JessiMonster

Number of posts : 164
Registration date : 2008-09-22

What are you reading? Empty
PostSubject: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 2:21 am

Just tell us what you're reading right now.
It's a good way to discover new books. Very Happy

I'm reading The Midnighters by Scott Westerfeld.
Back to top Go down
libbs
SIMOBELLE
SIMOBELLE
libbs

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 3:05 pm

Guess I'll add to this post...

For School: Brave New World - Adolfus Huxley

For fun: Fellowship of the Ring - J.R.R. Tolkien .... though I haven't exactly started it yet, I'm planning on to today. Smile

Last edited by libbs on Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : hahaha wrote down the wrong title :P)
Back to top Go down
lai
Mundane
Mundane
lai

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-09-27

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 1:05 am

*insert biased tolkien propaganda here* Anyways.

I'm reading Frozen Fire. Currently confused, but still really into it.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Cape
Creator of this Shizz
Creator of this Shizz
Mr.Cape

Number of posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 2:11 pm

you will love me for this.

im reading CoA AGAIN! for a school assignment
Back to top Go down
hannahem27
Mundane
Mundane

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 3:28 pm

Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote

and I'm still trying to get through the Classical World but that's more a side thing....
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/hannahem27
JessiMonster
The Co-PWNER
The Co-PWNER
JessiMonster

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 10:42 pm

^Oh man, Truman Capote, how I love thee. Haha he wrote In Cold Blood. amazing book. I may read Breakfast at Tiffany's someday...

Anyway, I have to read Crazies to the Left of Me, Wimps to the Right: How One Side Lost Its Mind and the Other Lost Its Nerve.

Its for my government class. Its pretty interesting.
Back to top Go down
libbs
SIMOBELLE
SIMOBELLE
libbs

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 12:07 am

I'm giving up on Lord of the Rings....

Just started Blue Bloods - Melissa Dela Cruz today. I guess it's okay, but I'm only on chapter two and not quite that into it yet.
Back to top Go down
hannahem27
Mundane
Mundane

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-09-26

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2008 12:38 pm

libbs wrote:
I'm giving up on Lord of the Rings....

Just started Blue Bloods - Melissa Dela Cruz today. I guess it's okay, but I'm only on chapter two and not quite that into it yet.

I've heard a bit about Blue Bloods...what's it about??

I finished BaT - I'm trying to find a copy of In Cold Blood. The girl at Borders actually recommended it to me, so if two people have recommended it, then I'll definately read it!

I'm reading Twilight again for my ff, but aparts from that I'm also in the middle of Little Women by Lousia May Alcott and The Last Summer of You and Me (or something like that). IDK who it's by...my friend gave it to me to read. Plus I'm still ploughing through The Classical World. The Greeks were weird....
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/hannahem27
ClareBear
Mundane
Mundane
ClareBear

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2008-10-03

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 7:45 am

For fun I'm reading Generation Dead by Daniel Waters , It's about zombies, it's kind of cool, different!

For Uni I'm reading 19th century Britain, and the monster book of Jack the Ripper. I hate being told to read a book! It always puts me off!

When I finish Generation Dead I think I'm going to start Invisible monsters by Chuck Paluhnuik
Back to top Go down
JessiMonster
The Co-PWNER
The Co-PWNER
JessiMonster

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 12:27 pm

^Oh.Man. Invisible Monsters... is amazing. I hope you enjoy it. I did. Its crazy and insane, but i love it.

I'm going back over A Lesson Before Dying by Ernest J. Gaines for my AP Lit class.
Back to top Go down
notorious!noor
Mundane
Mundane
notorious!noor

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 2:37 pm

At the moment, I'm reading The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong. I love it so far.

And I'm making my way to the Divine Comedy next. I'm really excited to start it. Smile
Back to top Go down
JessiMonster
The Co-PWNER
The Co-PWNER
JessiMonster

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 9:27 pm

^Oh The Summoning is very, very good.

I'm reading Peaches by Jodi Lynn Anderson.
Back to top Go down
ClareBear
Mundane
Mundane
ClareBear

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 07, 2008 8:04 am

Well I finished Generation Dead, it was good, I can't actually wait for sequel now Sad
I was going to start Invisible Monsters, but Rebel Angels arrived from Amazon yesterday, so I think I'm going to read that first!
I will get started on Invisible Monsters soon though!
Back to top Go down
Mr.Cape
Creator of this Shizz
Creator of this Shizz
Mr.Cape

Number of posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 10:15 pm

Guess what!!!!

Im still reading CoA....yay?

My assignment thingy isnt going to be handed out until maybe next week. But im excited because i have you guys as friends to help me out.
Back to top Go down
notorious!noor
Mundane
Mundane
notorious!noor

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-10-05

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 7:47 pm

I absolutely love the book, Peaches.
It's amazing, you will honestly love Birdie> she is so adorable!
Back to top Go down
JessiMonster
The Co-PWNER
The Co-PWNER
JessiMonster

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 7:51 pm

^hahahaha its about the 20th time I've read Peaches. Wink I can't stop picking it up over and over again. the second one is really sad, but just as good.

I'm still reading that one bc I'm just reading it at school to have something to do in my boring anatomy class.
Back to top Go down
ClareBear
Mundane
Mundane
ClareBear

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2008 8:39 am

Ok I really need to sort my reading out! I started so many books and put them down after a few chapters to start another! University messes you around seriously!
I had a bet with my friend that I can't read 100 books in a year! So I am going to start most of them on the first of Jan! But until then I AM going to read Invisible Monsters! Now I have to make it last til jan 1st, which is so not going to happen!
So I would really appreciate your recommendations for my list! It's going to be such a fun year! Razz
Back to top Go down
Isabelle*Lightwood
Mundane
Mundane

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-07-28

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 6:33 pm

Currently? The Host by Stephanie Meyer, I just finished the entire MI series for the second time this month.....read it in about 3-4 weeks.
Then I'm going to read 'Things I want my daughter to know' by Elizabeth Noble. Mother Recomended it.
On the side, (and on my own time....I'm homeschooled so it's half for fun and half for school work) I'm reading East of Eden by John Steinbeck. Even though I'm going into grade 7, I'm still going to read it!
Then........I don't know. My best friend has something like 109 books in her room, and she is going to recomend some, but she is more into the idea of 'different dimensions' kind of thing....She loves books that include Portals.
Anyway, that is my reading list for now, I'll check back again for the next bool I'm going to read.
sunny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you reading?   What are you reading? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you reading?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Shadowhunters :: Off-Topic :: Read Any Books?-
Jump to: